Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Looking for amazing DIY holiday ideas? Happy Howlidays! I love the holiday season — the cold weather, the yummy food, and of course, all of the festivities! You know who else loves them too? our pets! I’m thinking it may be because of all the extra lovin’ and gifts they get from the family.
DIY Holiday Ideas for your Dogs and Cats
It turns out that I’m not the only pet mama to spoil her pets during this time of year. We always include our pets in the holidays. They each get a present under the tree from Santa and while they don’t actually open the present, they do enjoy it. Plus, since I pet sit several dogs and cats over the holidays, I make sure to bring them a special treat from Santa too. So, here are some amazing DIY holiday ideas for your dogs and cats.
DIY Gifts for dog moms
Of course, not all of the treats need to be for our pets. If you have a dog or cat mom or dad on your list, here are a few ideas for them.
- Check out this fun geometric treat jar you could make for a dog or cat mom to store treats.
- This duct tape dog leash is super cute and easy to make. Plus it doesn’t cost a lot.
- On TheNosePrint.com, check out some of the fun doggy do-it-yourself ideas they’ve dreamed up.
Easy DIY for dogs and cats
There are so many easy things you can DIY for dogs but here are a few of them to get started.
- Why not try these homemade frozen dog treats as a yummy treat.
- Or, if you want an idea that isn’t frozen, these homemade doggie treats will be a hit.
- Make your own dog name tags for your dog (or make them for your cat)
- Or, why not grow cat grass for your cat to enjoy. It’s easy and it’s good for them too.
Easy DIY cat toys you can make
If you’re looking for a few simple cat toys you can make for your cat, I’ve collected several for you to choose from. Your cat will love a little bit of one on one time during Christmas.
- If you have a few wine corks lying around the house, these DIY wine cork cat toys will definitely entertain your kitties.
- Have you ever thought about making your cat their own scratching post? This ombre cat scratching post is gorgeous.
- This toilet paper cat roll toy is easy enough for the kids to make. And, your cats will love it.
- This knotted t-shirt cat toy is a wonderful way to upcycle old t-shirts you may not need any longer.
- If you know how to sew, you can make your cat these adorable little mouse toys.
If you want to have a little bit more fun with your pets this year, keep reading for some ideas. The NosePrint.com also asked 3,000 Americans about their pet-related holiday habits, including whether their pet is involved in gift-giving, stocking-stuffing, Christmas sweater-wearing, and other holiday traditions.
What they found is that Americans really LOVE their pets. For instance, did you know 71% of dog parents give gifts to their pups? Have you completed your Christmas pet shopping yet?
According to the survey, here are the top 5 reasons people give gifts to their dog:
1. To express love to my dog: 72%
2. Because it’s fun for me: 60%
3. To help my dog feel included like a family member: 54%
4. To give my dog a moment of happiness: 53%
5. To feel closer and bond with my dog: 43%
For me, I like to give presents to our pets for all of these reasons. They are such an important part of the family — I can’t imagine the holidays without them.
Christmas traditions with pets
1. 48% of pet parents hang a Christmas stocking for their pet.
2. 43% of pet parents include a pet in a photo for a family holiday card.
3. 32% post photos of their pet on social media with a holiday message.
4. 29% dress up their pet in a holiday-themed costume or outfit.
5. 22% make or buy pet-themed holiday decorations.
Finally, want to know which states have the most spoiled pups?
The TheNosePrint.com Santa Dog Index ranks states based on how much, on average, dog parents will spend on their furry kids:
Who spends the Most on Gifts and DIY holiday ideas for Pets:
1. New Jersey: $29.61 (average gift spending per pet for state residents)
2. New York: $28.95
3. Pennsylvania: $28.75
4. Utah: $27.75
5. Georgia: $27.04
6. California: $26.07
7. Washington: $25.81
8. Florida: $25.13
9. Illinois: $24.98
10. Virginia: $24.58
Apparently, it’s good to be a pet in the New York tri-state area. You can find the complete rankings of all 50 states at www.TheNosePrint.com.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She has been running a small pet sitting business in southern Vermont for the past three years. She’s a proud Mommy to 2 shelter kitties. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.