When I have a new pet sitting client, I find that it’s very helpful to have a few standard pet sitting forms on hand to collect information. How many forms you use with your clients is really up to you. If you have a large pet sitting business and offer a variety of different services, you will have different needs than if you pet sit for one or two clients regularly. At the minimum, you should offer a simple pet sitting contract that outlines what your responsibilities are and what you’ll be paid for providing these services. This post contains affiliate links.
Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links.
5 Helpful Pet Sitting Forms to Offer Now
When taking on a new client, there will be basic information that you want to have on hand. I keep a binder at home with contracts for each client so that I can refer to them if I need to.
- Basic Contract – At the minimum, a basic contract should list what services you will provide, your rates and your client’s information. This printable contract is a great place to start.
- Pet Information – You may find it helpful to create a pet owner information file that lists the pet’s name, favorite treats and toys and daily routine to include the times they eat and when they should be taken outside for a walk.
- Veterinarian release – If you typically care for pets with medical issues or that take medication on a daily basis, you may want to request a release from the pet’s veterinarian stating they are in good enough health to be left with you.
- Price list – If you have different rates for different services (overnight, walking, multiple trips, etc.), you will find it helpful to create a price list or rate sheet to leave with prospective clients.
- Travel release – Will you be transporting pets to the beach, dog walking park or the veterinarian? If so, you may want to request that client’s sign a statement giving you permission to transport their pet in your vehicle.
Now that you know the pet sitting forms that you may need, it’s a simple matter of typing up the basic information and making copies for clients.