Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link.
Do you have a car pet safety harness? If you’ll be traveling at all with your pet, a safety harness is really something that you should be using. Would you let your child ride in the car without a seatbelt? No? Then there is no reason that you should allow your pet to ride in the car without a safety harness either. When travelling with your pet, the safest choice for you and them is to keep them in a safety harness.
How to Choose the Right Car Pet Safety Harness
It’s important to ensure that your pet can’t interfere with you driving your vehicle. You don’t want them to try to sit on your lap or run around the interior of the car. Even the most well-behaved pet can be startled by a loud noise or unfamiliar action.
It’s also important to be sure that your pet won’t be injured if you need to stop suddenly or are in an accident. You can take care of both of these potential issues by using a car pet safety harness.
Types of safety harnesses
Pet Carrier – One of the safest ways to transport your small dog or cat is in a pet carrier. You can set this up like a den for them with their favorite blanket and a few small toys.
- Pet Safety Infographic by Callista’s Ramblings
- 5 Safety Tips for Travelling with Your Dog in the Car by Dogurday
- 10 Safety Tips for Dog Toys by Time Out for Truffles
- Caring for Ferals in the Summer: Keeping Kitties Safe in The Blazing Hot Sun by Pretty Opinionated
- Stress in Dogs: It’s Far More Dangerous Than It Seems! by DogVills
- 6 Ways to Keep Your Dog and Kids Safe When They Meet by Lincoln the French
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. She has been running a small pet sitting business in southern Vermont for the past three years. She’s a proud Mommy to 2 shelter kitties. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.