Last Updated on November 5, 2022 by ellen
If you’re looking for a natural clumping cat litter that is biodegradable, check out my thoughts below. Did you know that today, most cat litters are made of clay and silica? Those two components do not break down in nature. That means that your cat litter waste does not biodegrade when you dispose of it. There are natural alternatives to traditional cat litter.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Natural Clumping Cat Litter
There are a variety of different types of natural cat litter. Some, but not all of them are clumping. You can find natural cat litters made of pine, corn, newspaper, wheat, coconut, and more. We recently had a chance to try the Frisco All Natural Grass Clumping Cat Litter, and I wanted to share my thoughts.
Frisco All Natural Grass Clumping Cat Litter
Frisco All Natural Grass Clumping Cat Litter is a great alternative to the standard clay litter, and it’s ideal for multiple-cat households. It’s made with 100% all natural grass that is soft on your kitty’s paws and easy to sift through. With solid clumping capability, this grass litter ensures fast-forming clumps for easy scooping to meet your cat’s high standards for a cleaner litter box.
It provides natural odor control and is ultra-absorbent, so there’s no need for any added chemicals, dyes or fragrances that are off-putting for your feline friends. This all-natural cat litter is made with biodegradable grass ingredients to give pet parents an earth-friendly option.
Grass produces a low dust litter, so your kitty won’t kick up a dust cloud with every swipe of the paw, and you can breathe easier when you scoop. The litter box area will be tidier and fresher than ever with Frisco All Natural Grass Clumping Cat Litter.
- Made with 100% natural grass ingredients with no added chemicals, dyes or fragrances. This gives it a more natural smell and feel that kitties prefer.
- This all natural grass litter produces low dust so that your kitty litter zone is more manageable, and both you and your cat can breathe easier.
- Fast and solid clumping action that makes for easier scooping and disposal so that keeping the litter box clean is less of a chore.
- Offers excellent odor control and absorbency to lock in wetness and strong ammonia and pet mess smells, creating a more pleasant litter box area. It’s ideal for multi-cat households.
- With Frisco grass litter, pet parents have a convenient alternative to traditional litter that’s natural and biodegradable, without harmful artificial ingredients.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”Did you know it takes traditional clay cat litter 1 million years to break down? ” quote=”Did you know it takes traditional clay cat litter 1 million years to break down? “]
We have two cats so it’s important to me that the cat litter we use really clumps well. My husband cleans that cat box at least twice a day. And, we want to make sure that all the solids are removed. This cat litter really did clump well, which made removing waste very simple. Since I have asthma, I appreciate that this is low dust. It is also available without fragrance. Some clay cat litters have a perfumey smell which is tough on those with allergies.
We received the 20-pound bag of this natural clumping cat litter, which was very easy to manage. They recommend cleaning out the waste twice a day with a slotted scoop. You should keep about 3 to 4 inches of litter in the litter box.
- Learn how to prevent litter box odors.
- Emergency cat litter
- Do indoor rabbits need bedding?
- How to disinfect a used cat tree
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. She has been running a small pet sitting business in southern Vermont for the past five years. She’s a proud Mommy to a shelter kitty named Scout. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.