We all want to treat our pets and these healthy homemade dog treats recipes are a great way to do that. It can be confusing to know what human foods we can treat our pets with. These recipes will give you somewhere to start, and then you can experiment to create your own using safe foods. This post contains affiliate links, and I will receive compensation if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
10 Healthy Homemade Dog Treats Recipes
Depending on the size of your dog, you may need to make these larger or smaller to allow them to eat them easily. Some of them can be made by rolling them into a ball. Others will need to be rolled out and cut with a cookie cutter. Choose the ones that look easiest for you to create.
- Banana Peanut Butter Dog Treats by Dog Mom Days
- Peanut Butter Bacon Dog Treats by Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Gluten Free Spinach Apple and Carrot Dog Treats by DIY Dog Mom
- Sweet Potato Dog Chews by Happy Money Saver
- Blueberry Yogurt Dog Treats by Homemade Dog Treats Now
- Fresh Breath Dog Treats by DogVills
- Frosty Watermelon Dog Treats by Pet Guide
- Grain Free Dog Treats by The Woot
- Pumpkin Apple Dog Treats by Fake Ginger
- Oat and Apple Pretzel Dog Treats by The Cookie Rookie
These homemade dog treats recipes all sound amazing to me, and I know that your dogs will enjoy them. If you’re transitioning from traditional store bought dog treats, start by making a small batch to be sure that your dog will eat them. Once you know the types of ingredients they enjoy, you’ll be able to make larger batches. Check to see how long they will store and don’t make more than you will use up before they go bad. Experiment with freezing some of the dough when possible.