Last Updated on February 11, 2023 by ellen
We all want to treat our pets and these healthy homemade dog treats recipes are a great way to do that. It can be confusing to know what human foods we can treat our pets with. These recipes will give you somewhere to start, and then you can experiment to create your own using safe foods.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
10 Healthy Homemade Dog Treats Recipes
Depending on the size of your dog, you may need to make these larger or smaller to allow them to eat them easily. Some of them can be made by rolling them into a ball. Others will need to be rolled out and cut with a cookie cutter. Choose the ones that look easiest for you to create.
- Banana Peanut Butter Dog Treats by Dog Mom Days
- Peanut Butter Bacon Dog Treats by Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Sweet Potato Dog Chews by Happy Money Saver
- Blueberry Yogurt Dog Treats by Homemade Dog Treats Now
- Fresh Breath Dog Treats by DogVills
- Frosty Watermelon Dog Treats by Pet Guide
- Pumpkin Apple Dog Treats by Fake Ginger
- Oat and Apple Pretzel Dog Treats by The Cookie Rookie
- Safe homemade dog treats recipe
- Homemade frozen dog treat with banana
These homemade dog treats recipes all sound amazing to me, and I know that your dogs will enjoy them. If you’re transitioning from a traditional store-bought dog treat, start by making a small batch to be sure that your dog will eat them. Once you know the types of ingredients they enjoy, you’ll be able to make larger batches. Check to see how long they will store and don’t make more than you will use up before they go bad. Experiment with freezing some of the dough when possible.
If you’re looking for a dog treat recipe that’s frozen, why not try these homemade yogurt dog treats. They have just three simple ingredients!
Ellen runs a small pet sitting business in southern Vermont. She has experience with a variety of small animals, dogs and cats. She has also cared for ducks, chickens and rabbits. Combined, she has over 20 years of experience in pet care and pet sitting.